Time for another 5 Tips!! This is a special one because I am showing a teensy bit of the behind the scenes of my references.
I love this time working with my models (not all shown above but love to all of them!) and they bring magic and joy to me and to my artwork.
Here are some extra notes for the 5!
1. Finding Models on Insta: Go to Instagram’s search bar and look up your city local hashtag. There are often people posting and you can easily find interesting models this way. Look up local photographer's Insta pages as they often list their model’s contact info.
2. Costumes: Go to vintage shops, ask friends to borrow, look in your family closet! Go to fabric shops and get beautiful fabrics that inspire you, plus safety pins, tassels, pretty hems, and fringe! All can be used to make mock outfits.
3. Props: If nothing else, get yourself some styrofoam geometrical forms, egg, sphere, cube. You can give these to the model as a stand in prop. Turn that sphere into a glowing orb on the canvas later at the studio!
4. The better the reference is as a whole, the easier time it will be painting it. The less you need to invest/change the better. Doen’t mean it’s impossible, not at all, but things can get a lot more complicated very quickly when changes need to be made.
5. Allow you and your model twenty minutes of warm up shoots. This allows them to get into the grove without too much pressure. You can have a laugh and just get to know the lighting, the space, and get in tune with each other.
6. Bonus Tip: Look up inspirational images ahead of time and send those to your model so they can practise and know what you want when they arrive to the shoot. Have your thumbnails you sketched of your own ideas and compositions on hand. Give your model direction, let them know what you want them to do! But lastly, let them loose sometimes too!! Just let them play!
#arttechniques #artclasses #arttips #drawingtips #paintingprocess #paintingtips #creatives #createart #artclass #onlineartlessons #art #instaartsy #artsy #arty #tips #draw #drawing #painting #oilpaint #graphiteart #creativity #academicart #artatelier #atelierart #academicrealism #compositionart ...